Tricks of the Windows blah blah Volume2 ?

Started by
10 comments, last by Boltimus 22 years, 9 months ago
So I bought Andre''s book and ma reading it and notice how he makes several comments that "we''ll get to that in volume 2" So I look and I look, but I don''t see any volume 2 anywhere? Is there really one out there? and is it worth buying, or is there another book that is better (he mentions that in his second volume he will discuss 3D i.e. D3D) so i guess my question is twofold... 1.) is there a volume 2, and 2.) should I buy it or can someone think of a better D3D book out there? Thanks! ~ Boltimus ~
~Bolt"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." This I did...
Advertisement
Anyone?

~ Boltimus ~
~Bolt"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." This I did...
Anyone?

~ Boltimus ~
Anyone?

~ Boltimus ~
there isn''t a volume 2, yet. when it comes, I will buy it. But i''m not happy about it.
I think I remeber reading it is due out after Christmas!!! And then i realised I havent actually got DDraw running yet so what am i in a rush for.
If you go an have a look on Sams web site it was theoretically going to be due for completion (to edited status) in April. Since then I''ve looked back and all notice of it has been pulled off....

Not sure then, when it''s going to be live. If you are after a book that details 3D then I suggest Mathematical Elements for Computer Graphics (2nd Ed) by Rogers and Adams. This, coupled with the stuff Andre gives you and the SDK for Direct3D will tell you all you need to know.

-- And that''s my $0.02 worth --

Hang on, where I come from, $0.02 is rounded down. Does that mean my opinion is worthless or priceless?

CHROM
-- That's my $0.02 worth --
Hang on, where I come from, $0.02 is rounded down. Does that mean my opinion is worthless or priceless?
CHROM
Hey just a thought, why dont you email Andre himself and ask him what gives? I''ve emailed him a couple times quite a while back and he responded fairly quickly for someone like him (who I assume gets quite a few emails per day).
Ha! I have emailed him twice asking about when the book is coming out and what version of directx it will cover, but he still hasn''t answered. That was a year ago!

Lamothe used to answer all my questions quickly, but I think with his new book he went into hiding trying to complete it ontime. Amazon has released several dates that have all been wrong.
I emailed André today. I got a response. In six(!) minutes. omg. anyways, here it is, the answer:

My mail:

To: necron@xgames3d.com (André LaMothe)
---------------------------------------
Hello,

I''d like to know when (or if) I will be able to get my hands on volume 2 of ''Tricks of the windows game programming gurus''.

thanks in advance,

john (my real name, ppl)

The answer:

To: john
--------------------------------------
When and if I ever get a chance to finish it. I''m 50% done, but the forces of evil are all over me, do you believe in such things -- believe.... Anyway, that''s where we are.

Andre''

---

the end.

*crying*

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement