Need help making my spaceship rotate and translate at the same time

Started by
4 comments, last by jtagge75 14 years, 4 months ago
Ive got a mesh loaded that looks like the wipeout ship from the game , now i would of thought if i did d3ddev->SetTransform(D3DTS_WORLD, &(rot * SpaceshipMat)); it would rotate at the same time i press UP arrow and LEFT arrow but it seems it dosent and its either one or the other, can anyone help? [Edited by - Anddos on December 4, 2009 8:37:51 AM]
:)
Advertisement
Is 'rot' an actual matrix or the value you are trying to rotate by.
rot is the matrix that is set for rotationz, if i press left ot right the ship rotates on its side etc, but i cant make it rotate while its moving , it just stops then rotates
If I had to guess then its something with your keyboard input then. Maybe you aren't buffering your input or one key is blocking the other.
if i set the ship to move on its own by the multipled matrix it does what i want , but never when i am using key press's to move it so it moves and rotates..
I seen you posted this over at Devmaster as well where you posted the keys to move your ship. Because of the way the keyboard is laid out the keyboard won't register certain combos of key presses. I'm sure from the keys you picked that is the problem. If you switch your controls over to the standard 'wasd' I'm fairly sure your problem will go away.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement