Dark GDK w/ MS Visual Studios 2008 Help (newbie here)

Started by
-1 comments, last by steck67 14 years, 4 months ago
So like the instructions said, I downloaded and installed Dark GDK, Direct X, and MS Visual Studio express to my computer. I let the programs install onto my default directory. So after everything was finished installing. According to the instructions I had to go to MS Visual Studios and click "file" --> "new" --> "project...". Then to go to "wizards" and select one of the Dark GDK installed templates. Everything went smooth until I pressed "ok". it gives me the message "Cannot access data for the desired file since it is in a zombie state", and then when press "ok" a blank message appears (I'm assuming that is tied with "zombie state" problem"). So I click okay and then I'm back to the start page. I really don't know what's wrong... I even set up the directories for Dark GDK and direct X under "problems and solutions" --> "VC++ Directories". Does anybody know what's wrong that can help this newbie out? I just started getting into C++. I know that I should learn some C++ first, but I thought it would be best for me if I set up everything so I wouldn't have anything to interfere with me learning :) Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement