Using custom vertex declarations without a shader

Started by
11 comments, last by Zakwayda 14 years, 2 months ago
Let's back up a bit here. What exactly are you trying to do here? Why do you need to draw but without a VS or PS bound?
Advertisement
Because I just want the no-frills one texture, Goraud shaded polygons. The only reason I'm using the custom vertex declaration is because the FVF vertex formats place unduly strict restrictions on my vertex structure layout (see my previous post).
Quote:Original post by SiegeLord
Because I just want the no-frills one texture, Goraud shaded polygons. The only reason I'm using the custom vertex declaration is because the FVF vertex formats place unduly strict restrictions on my vertex structure layout (see my previous post).
My understanding is that you can use vertex declarations with the FFP, but the layout must match one of the FVF formats (which it sounds like you already know). If that's true, then it seems like you would either have to change your vertex format, or use shaders.

In your engine, is the graphics API switchable at run time? Or do you have separate builds for the Direct3D and OpenGL versions?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement