New to programming need some help!

Started by
10 comments, last by owiley 14 years, 3 months ago
Quote:Original post by BattleBuddha
I have been an artist and a modeler for so long I thought I would take my hand at the foundation of game design instead of the artistic side.

C++ has little to do with "the foundation of game design", BTW. In most modern games, it's behind the tools that do the heavy lifting, but a lot (in many cases, the vast majority) of the work is at a much higher level, "scripting" the events. Everything is built in layers, and the real experts are the ones with a grasp on the whole process.

It's not really much different from the 3D art world in that respect, where you have concept artists, modellers, texture artists (both creating the textures and UV mapping and unwrapping), riggers and animators - and then also technical artists (the guys who are talking to the programmers to find out what the polygon count targets are and how big the textures should be - and who understand how to run the exporters, and why UV mapping is called UV mapping).

Also, many programmers feel that what they do is just as "artistic", though perhaps in a quite unconventional sense ;)
Advertisement
to do it the manual way you have to know your evironment Which is windows that sits on top of the old DOS. use dir to see if you are in the right location.
type just cl to see if its in the environment path
if not you need to regester it. See the Documents that comes with visual c++ it has it in more detail.
Bring more Pain

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement