my websites new topic

Started by
7 comments, last by mikesgames 14 years, 1 month ago
the previous entry was ok to start with, but went completely off topic and wash closed. this time it wont be closed because of spam mail. here is the link: www.mikesgamesproductions.webs.com moderator place still open. request it in the contact us area
Advertisement
Cool, how do I join your website?
_______________________"You're using a screwdriver to nail some glue to a ming vase. " -ToohrVyk
I, for one, will not join your website.

Because I'm weird like that.
I'll reply seriously this time.

We like it here on gamedev. Why would we join your site?

You mention we won't be able to play your games otherwise. What games? You don't show them to us -- not even screenshots. It seems like a cheap tactic to try and drive up membership counts, not to build an actual community.

Ditto for the open advertisement of moderator positions. Good communities require good moderators, and such practices don't speak highly of your standards. If you're going to ask, at least put forth common questions, like "what previous experience do you have in moderation?".

For the community? You don't have one yet. You're barely are part of this one, with a pittance 22 posts to your name -- only 3 of which weren't in these threads about your site. Why not join ours first? Make some interesting replies or comments?

The whole "I'm a company/studio/whatever!" shtick also makes you a bit hard to take seriously. You're on free webhosting on a subdomain of someone else running google ads for other people's games, which have better production values than the site itself: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1935/clipboardk.png.

At best, it's cheesy, at worst it's an open mockery of others who have the dedication and skill those who actually have something to show -- although I think few would actually take it that way. There's nothing wrong with being new -- we've all been there or are still there -- but you're coming off the wrong way.

Sorry.
Quote:Original post by M2tM

you can join by going to the members page and pressing the join site icon in the top right corner. thanks for the reply.

@maulingmonkey: thank you for your comments, but because we dont have a .com domain doesn't mean we dont take making games like it is nothing. your comments were ok, but not very kind to us seeing as we have only had this website 5 FULL DAYS but they were still ok comments. the website is small and for the games you go to the arcade area or the downloads page, as they are the areas where the games are.

once again thank you for your reply.
Quote:Original post by mikesgames
Quote:Original post by M2tM

you can join by going to the members page and pressing the join site icon in the top right corner. thanks for the reply.

No, I meant that super secret website I read about in your other thread. Which corner to I click on to join that one?
_______________________"You're using a screwdriver to nail some glue to a ming vase. " -ToohrVyk
the top left
i want to site the secret join can i

Seriously, though: You can't just get over here, and request people to join your site in every second phrase (and call them idiot if they ask for good reasons).

You gotta do it slowly, and build one reputation brick after another, slowly increasing your credibility for stuff you do, not for what you claim to do. Nobody will take you serious, otherwise. Begin with proper spelling and punctuation, for example.

See, I don't even take your insult seriously (Basically, my coffee came out again upon reading it. Through my nose, that is.).
firstly,lol to the coffee coming out of your nose.

secondly i will try hard to build a decent reputation. thanks for the decent comment.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement