RTS (features and story)

Started by
81 comments, last by Orymus 14 years, 1 month ago
Starcraft II's beta reports have displayed a high level of "map relevance" lately... choke points, resource placements (proximity of allies in multiplayer) ramp accesses, etc, as well as new inclusions of: sight blocker, sight revealers, etc.
This is interesting stuff to mess around with really.
The fact you were there before they invented the wheel doesn't make you any better than the wheel nor does it entitle you to claim property over the wheel. Being there at the right time just isn't enough, you need to take part into it.

I have a blog!
Advertisement
Not a big fan of this kind of RTS, but these Starcraft II battlereports kept me occupied for a few.
You either believe that within your society more individuals are good than evil, and that by protecting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible, or you believe that within your society more individuals are evil than good, and that by limiting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible.
e-sport is a new trend in multiplayer RTS, but I believe sunandshadow was referring to mostly single player here. So it is player vs AI interaction. I doubt commenting on such a match would be as fun :S

It is still cool to see such replays with interactive commentaries, which tells you the "why" behind pro and noob moves.
The fact you were there before they invented the wheel doesn't make you any better than the wheel nor does it entitle you to claim property over the wheel. Being there at the right time just isn't enough, you need to take part into it.

I have a blog!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement