SDL and weird graphic glitch

Started by
0 comments, last by chapter78 14 years, 1 month ago
Today I decided to clean-install Ubuntu 9.10 on my computer, I won't explain why I had to do that, but right now I'm extremely happy I did it. Everything works, even better than before, but with one exception - SDL. It seemed that just installing SDL-libraries from source-code isn't enough, and so I started to investigate what I still needed to do. I found out that I need xorg-dev package, and installed it. Now all my newly complied SDL-programs work, but still there was left one little thing. I'll show a picture, and explain. Picture: http://servut.us/erakko/graphic_glitch.png You may not recognize them right away, so I made those red numbers to show where's the problem. 1. you can see small black dots, which shouldn't definently be there. My guess is that they are from those smoke-circles, but the way those black dots move doesn't make them look like it. It's like they were some extra particle-effect, which I just never did in the first place. 2. no idea why that white line appears just next to the player's image, but this shouldn't be here either. 3. doesn't show up right now, but it's the same as in number 2. White lines should appear around that "spotlight", but for some reason there isn't any at the moment when I took the picture. You may also see the same black dots in those "flames", which are the same as in number 1. The pictures I'm using in this program are png-files, and already made transparent. In program all rotations are generated with SDL_rotozoom library. My guess is that the problem is somewhere in hardware and libraries, since before reinstall the program worked 100% right and without any of this glitching. It could be very well a bug in SDL_gfx, since the version I used of that library before the reinstall was something like 1.9.x. The version I'm using right now is the newest, 2.0.20. I've tried reinstalling all of the SDL-libraries I have (net, image, ttf, gfx, mixer, "the base SDL"), but no effect. Sure this doesn't affect anything else, like compiling and running the program, testing the program etc, but it just looks ugly and I hope there was way to remove it.
Playfire | MyAnimeList | Cold Wave (C++ project)
Advertisement
I don't know the answer to your question but I've also had a problem with the rotozoom causing that white line effect on rotated surfaces. I didn't solve the problem as I'm not using rotation temporarily. I'll report back if I find anything out - it might be something to do with image formats.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement