Self-Generated MipMaps

Started by
3 comments, last by shine47 14 years ago
Hello, i use DirectX9 and GeCube Radeon X1550 on a system. The texturecaps tell me that mipmapping(D3DPTEXTURECAPS_MIPMAP) is supported and i could fill the MipMap-Levels myself, so i do not need Auto-Generation. When i call CreateTexture with a Levelcount > 1 it fails.On most other cards the method succeeds. Does anybody give me a hint what i can do? Thanks! In Delphi: CreateTexture(600, 600, 2, D3DUSAGE_DYNAMIC, // or D3DUSAGE_AUTOGENMIPMAP //also fails D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8, D3DPOOL_DEFAULT, texture, nil);
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by shine47
Does anybody give me a hint what i can do? Thanks!
What do the Debug Runtimes tell you the error is? You might need to install DebugView or similar to capture the debug output.

EDIT: According do the card caps spreadsheet (DX SDK/Samples/C++/Direct3D/ConfigSystem/CardCaps.pdf), that card probably requires power-of-2 textures (It doesn't list the X1550, only "X300/X550/X1050").
I cannot use the debug-runtimes (remote debugging failed), because it is not the development-computer. Power of 2 Textures do not work either.
Quote:Original post by shine47
I cannot use the debug-runtimes (remote debugging failed), because it is not the development-computer. Power of 2 Textures do not work either.
Does it work if you pass 1 for the level count on the X1550 machine?

When it fails, what does CreateTexture return?
Thank you Steve! I must have tried something wrong last time, because your
power-of-2 tip now worked for me:

CreateTexture with arbitrary Width/Height worked for one level, if mip-mapping is
used, width/height have to be power-of-2.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement