plane grey image on opencv cam capture

Started by
1 comment, last by kostja 13 years, 12 months ago
Hi, i am trying to capture frames and display them using my inbuilt cam in a dell precision m4400 with openCV 2.1 and MSVS2008 under Win7. I have tried various tutorials for grabbing the cam output, including the one in The OpenCV Book, the cam LED lights up, but all i get is a plain grey image. Searched in forums and faqs for hours but was unable to find anything helpful or even anybody having the same problem The capture is initialized by capture = cvCreateCameraCapture(-1), cvGrabFrame(capture) and cvRetrieveFrame(capture) are used to retrieve the image and cvShowImage to draw it. I would post the complete code on request. Any helpful information would be highly appreciated. i mean ANY ;) kostja
Advertisement
did you tried the compiled samples that come with the OpenCv?
If they work then the problem is in the code,
if they don't try upgrading the drivers,

The best way to get Open Cv working ok is to build the entire OpenCV solution and modify into what you want to do ,a working sample
Hi, Makaan,

Thank you for the answer. That is exactly what i did - i compiled the bundled samples and tried them, but with the ones that use the cam i got the grey image, althought the cam led lit up. Then i tried other tutorials i found in the Learning openCV book and on the net, modifying the openCV tutorials first, creating own projects later, but the result was the same shade of grey.
The cam works perfectly with apps like skype.

Any ideas?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement