MainFrame();
  ~MainFrame();

private:
  App *app; // Pointer to main application object                <--LINE 12
  wxMenuBar *menubar;
  wxMenu *fileMenu;
  wxMenu *newMenu;
};

Visual Studio 2010 gives the following errors: App.h(32): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*' App.h(32): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int App.h(32): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int MainFrame.h(12): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*' MainFrame.h(12): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int MainFrame.h(12): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int I believe that the problem is that the two files include each other. How can I solve this problem?
/Peter Welzien
Advertisement
Required reading.
Generally if you are only have a pointer to an object in a class definition, you're better off forward defining it, rather than including the header.

For example:

App.h
#pragma once// forward definitionsclass Suduko;class MainFrame;class App { /*blah blah*/ }

MainFrame.h
#pragma once#include <wx/wx.h>// forward definitionsclass App;class MainFrame : public wxFrame { /*blah blah*/ }

You should be able to safely include both headers inside the c/cpp files that need to actually do something with the classes.

Thanks!

I've been reading this site for a while, but this was my first post. And I got an answer after only four minutes! I love this place.
/Peter Welzien

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement