Completely drained on searching for college

Started by
10 comments, last by Tom Sloper 13 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Original post by Roberts91
I never went back and I regret that because no matter what anyone tells you, a GED is absolutely nothing compared to going to high school.

Educationally-wise or how it is percieved by potential employers?

I have a GED and honestly I don't think it's ever come up in an interview during my 12 years in the workforce. My college education has though, and is definitely a large influence on how my career has (and will) progress.

Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Telastyn
Quote:Original post by Roberts91
I never went back and I regret that because no matter what anyone tells you, a GED is absolutely nothing compared to going to high school.

Educationally-wise or how it is percieved by potential employers?
I have a GED and honestly I don't think it's ever come up in an interview during my 12 years in the workforce. My college education has though, and is definitely a large influence on how my career has (and will) progress.

To me, a GED is a badge of maturity. Someone who later regrets not finishing high school and goes back and fixes that is someone who wised up -- someone who's got spunk. I respect that. But yeah, once you have a college/university degree, I don't ask about high school, and don't expect to see anything on the resume/CV about high school.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement