U B Da Ball

Started by
1 comment, last by mrme 13 years, 9 months ago
I want people to look at old style games in a new way so I invented a breakout game that lets you control the ball. Play it at
http://www.yoyogames.com/games/133968-u-b-da-ball/download
Advertisement
The name gave me doubts, but that was actually a decent game. Fun idea, though it could be tweaked -- for instance, some of the bouncing didn't feel realistic; I'd hit a block on its side, and it would change my vertical direction, which was counter-intuitive to me. A lot of times the blue icon things didn't kill me; I'd just get stuck on them until pressing in a different direction. Same with the platforms; sometimes the spinner snags on them and freezes in place. Other times some platforms I would pass through entirely without bouncing off of.

That said, I played through the entire story mode. Made me think of ways in which other classic games could be approached differently. Tetris, for instance: instead of rotating one block as it falls, let the player rotate the game board around the block (along with horizontal and vertical shifting). May not work in practice, but hey, it got me thinking. Nice job!
Thanks for the feedback Omega147, I'll work on fixing those problems. I like your idea for Tetris, I might try it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement