[UI] Registration Form

Started by
10 comments, last by krez 13 years, 8 months ago
With everyone wanting to do things faster, but with the same quality, I highly recommend putting all the required fields on one page. The only exception may be a form in which multiple (~20+) fields are required. But I don't know too many sites that have a need for such requirement.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by NewSoftzzz
Meaning, it is as easy as it can be ... You, on the other hand, as technical-minded people are used to complicated things, so subconsciously you may feel insulted by this oversimple and overeasy form which makes you dislike it?

I would think "as easy as it can be" would be to show all the inputs, and use AJAX to check anything filled out whenever you change fields. When you leave the username box to go to the email box, have it turn red and/or pop up a note saying that name is already taken; if the two email addresses don't match, mark them when the user is done typing them both in. Allow moving to the next field with TAB, ENTER, or clicking on another field, and fire the AJAX check then. Finally, use AJAX for the final submittal too; then if the mistake is only found at the end the user doesn't have to fill everything out again or even click "back", they can just find the marked field and try again.

This has nothing at all to do with whether or not someone is technical-minded. It requires the least amount of thought, speeds up the process, and provides near-instant feedback on what they entered.

Just my 2 cents (but also approved by the two members of my family who really shouldn't even touch a computer as far as tech skills are concerned).
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement