Debugging D3DXCreateEffectFromFile on target machines ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND

Started by
13 comments, last by EnlightenedOne 13 years, 8 months ago
Yes from the june 2010 release the same one I used for the sdk. dxsetup.exe with accept all and silent mode switched on runs with those two cab files deployed in the same location.
Advertisement
The dependency walker shows identical displays on both machines with these two files.

GPSVC.DLL
IESHIMS.DLL

Not being identified, but if it works on here and I cant identify the files then it suggests this program is not indicating where the difference causing the error lies.

Below is the code I use to run the applications within my NSIS installer.

SetOutPath "$INSTDIR\temp"

File "Jun2010_d3dx9_43_x64.cab"
File "Jun2010_d3dx9_43_x86.cab"
File "dxdllreg_x86.cab"
File "dxupdate.cab"
File "DSETUP.dll"
File "dsetup32.dll"
File "DXSETUP.exe"

File "vcredist_x86.exe"

;The VC redist
nsExec::Exec '"$INSTDIR\temp\vcredist_x86.exe /q:a /c:"VCREDI~1.EXE /q:a /c:""msiexec /i vcredist.msi /qn"" "'
Pop $0 # return value/error/timeout

;DX
MessageBox MB_ICONINFORMATION|MB_OK "$(^Name) The installer may pause temporarily as your DirectX Version is checked."
nsExec::Exec '"$INSTDIR\temp\DXSETUP.exe" /silent'
I found a link via google discussing the same error with D3DXEffect()

They are saying theres something wrong with their d3dx_xx.dll files as far as I can make out. But then when they come to solve it the translator seems to fail :p
Try actually profiling your code with Dependency Walker, as it's a runtime dependency.
If memory serves me right, the compiler might be in a separate DLL that's dynamically loaded by D3DX.

To make it is hell. To fail is divine.

It seems the direct x redistributable was crashing during the install process but installing the d3dx9_43.dll but not one of the other .dlls after that used for compiling shaders. I am not sure which .dll it is but including the full redist and installing it seperately made it work searching for a fault in my installers code. Thanks for all the input guys!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement