Collecting small plots of land within an MMO

Started by
10 comments, last by Luckless 13 years, 4 months ago
Somewhat related to your comment about alternative XP rewards.

I like the idea of XP stones being a kind of resource for crafting or other areas, because it's another good way to link mob killing with crafting. Generally mobs are only good for dropping potentially craftable goods, but this way players will actually need to go out and PvE a bit to progress in crafting. As long as it's not too grindy (example: you must kill 100 boars to craft 1 boot), I would find it a welcome addition to an MMO.

There's even more possibilities out there too. I'm thinking about actually having level experience being converted into "plot experience" where what you do directly effects a plot-stream. You can level up a different "arc" of the plot-stream in order to alter the course of the plot. Essentially what you do/kill, where you go are going to "level up" the plot if you will. As if the story itself was a skill-based character. Just a random thought.
Advertisement
Use a flexible landscape?

All the 'farms' would be along a road, and the first few 'plots' would be fixed and visible from the road. However all extra plots are then added to the back and sides of the visible plots, basically overlapping neighboring lots if they had extended in real space.

So you can see part of the user space from the road, and part of the road from user space, but a given user space extends beyond what can be seen from out side of it.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement