Problem exporting textures with .x

Started by
23 comments, last by Anddos 13 years, 3 months ago
i am going to try this, it can handle models with multiple meshs which is what i think my problem is
http://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/xanimator.html#htinstall
:)
Advertisement
god i cant even get this xanimator library working, ive done everything it suggests such as linking the .lib in compiler and header file then when i compile i get aload of unresolved link error's, has anyone else been able to get xanimator working?
I just tried it XAnimatorTest with MSV 2010 express and it runs fine. What compiler you are using?
Here is what have i done for 2010:
open XAnimatorTest.sln its version for 2008 so its got converted
under Propertes for XAnimator test project, VC++ directories added path to "XAnimator_lib.h" for include & path to "XAnimator.lib" and "XAnimator_debug.lib" for library's,
click build, setup path for working directory where executable is built & copied "data" folder with test skeleton model (in same dir.). Then it run.

If it is tutorial with tiny.x model there is a possibility that they have hardcoded number of bones in code specific for this model so you might want to check (if you're not already) that it matches with your model. Did you try enabling debug runtimes to see if it gives any warrnings errors?

it uses MaxFrames = max(MaxFrames, (int)pMeshContainer->pSkinInfo->GetNumBones()); which i output to a messagebox, says 48, there's no pixel or vertex shader skinning in this so that cant be the problem..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement