Antihydrogen Trapped For 1000 Seconds

Started by
95 comments, last by Eelco 12 years, 11 months ago

stuff

The inconsistencies you mention are actually consistencies. You see, the vast majority of people aren't total liars. I only act in a totally hostile manner toward people who deserve it. You know as well as I do that my reputation would be in the thousands if I got a positive review for every time that I helped someone or was nice to them. If this was a popularity contest for me, I would have given up on gamedev.net long before that stupid racist topic regarding "Native Americans" got the green light from the mods. And now just days ago a stupid racist topic regarding "Black people" and "Indians" got the red light from the mods. This is where the inconsistency lies, not with I.

So, are you interested in the personal tutorial on how QG / LQG are broken models? Like I said before, the final paper made sense to actual theoretical physicists. There is nothing hypomanic-to-the-point-of-incomprehensibility about it.

Still waiting on Human Resource to get back to me on whether he also wants the tutorial.
Advertisement

[quote name='Human Resource' timestamp='1304882401' post='4808207']One question... If you are such a brilliant scientist, how come your reputation has decreased over 9 times since you've joined this thread? If I recall correctly, it was 75 only five days ago.

I think it has more to do with his erraticness and attitude than any lack of scientific prowess. I suspect his reputation would have increased rather than decreased if he had made the points he made in a calm, non-aggressive, non-insulting, and more easily followable manner.

EDIT: the style of his posts in this thread is just fine for anonymous forum trolling but not very suitable when trying to have an unanonymous, serious, and/or sensible discussion :/
[/quote]

That's fair enough, but your lack of knowledge and posturing as some kind of knowledgeable person is very insulting, and actually hurts people.

You should read the book Three Roads to Quantum Gravity. You would find it interesting to note that Smolin's cosmological theory has an infinite number of solutions. Ironic, given that you oppose string theory for the infinite number of Calabi-Yau parameter configurations, don't you agree? It seems to me that following your logic consistently leads to only one conclusion -- you hate all of modern physics, string theory and non-string theory alike. So I really have to wonder why you even bother conversing with people on modern physics when your attitude is entirely negative and fixed like stone. Keep stringing everyone along like you're doing right now, and eventually everyone will see what I see -- you're a liar who will repeatedly change his story and say anything to cover his own ass.

Still up for the personal tutorial on QG / LQG? Or are you not willing to be honest with yourself and the rest of gamedev.net?
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]
Fancy rabbit with oversized ego.

[/font]

Back on topic.

So what exactly are the hypothetical applications for anti-matter? Are there any?

It is highly probable that you will find this magazine to be of interest.

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][quote name='taby' timestamp='1303182694' post='4800159']Fancy rabbit with oversized ego.

[/font]
[/quote]

Yes that's right, I have an oversized ego because I call out liars who pretend to know more than they actually do. I'm not ashamed. But really, the oversized ego is well-deserved. Let me know if you're interested in the personal tutorial on QG / LQG.

Perhaps if Human Resource, forsandifs, Peter Woit, and Lee Smolin hadn't always lied or been so negatively critical of the extremely hard work put in by string theorists for no good reason whatsoever, I would have responded more positively. Once a hater always a hater, I guess. I'm not ashamed of attacking such people. What's really funny is that their defense is always "why are you so mean to other people"? ROFLMAOBBQ.

It's worth noting that I shut down the racist "Native American" thread with a lecture on fancy rabbits. So many people with undeserved egos talking negative shit about things they have no idea about. :)

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][quote name='taby' timestamp='1303182694' post='4800159']Fancy rabbit with oversized ego.

[/font]
[/quote]

Yes that's right, I have an oversized ego because I call out liars who pretend to know more than they actually do. I'm not ashamed. But really, the oversized ego is well-deserved. Let me know if you're interested in the personal tutorial on QG / LQG.

Perhaps if Human Resource, forsandifs, Peter Woit, and Lee Smolin hadn't always lied or been so negatively critical of the extremely hard work put in by string theorists for no good reason whatsoever, I would have responded more positively. Once a hater always a hater, I guess. I'm not ashamed of attacking such people. What's really funny is that their defense is always "why are you so mean to other people"? ROFLMAOBBQ.

It's worth noting that I shut down the racist "Native American" thread with a lecture on fancy rabbits. So many people with undeserved egos talking negative shit about things they have no idea about. :)

[/font]
[/quote]

Yes that's right, I have an oversized ego because I call out liars who pretend to know more than they actually do. I'm not ashamed. Let me know if you're also interested in the personal tutorial on QG / LQG.

Yes that's right, I have an oversized ego
N.B. I was actually just quoting a post of yours from a month ago, where you were repeatedly using that phrase against "people with undeserved egos talking negative shit about things they have no idea about".

Maybe I was quoting that old post in support of your position? Maybe I was suggesting you should crack out that phrase again? Maybe I was quoting it ironically to be a smartarse? Interpret it however you want.

[quote name='Eelco' timestamp='1304897311' post='4808290']
stuff

The inconsistencies you mention are actually consistencies. You see, the vast majority of people aren't total liars. I only act in a totally hostile manner toward people who deserve it. You know as well as I do that my reputation would be in the thousands if I got a positive review for every time that I helped someone or was nice to them. If this was a popularity contest for me, I would have given up on gamedev.net long before that stupid racist topic regarding "Native Americans" got the green light from the mods. And now just days ago a stupid racist topic regarding "Black people" and "Indians" got the red light from the mods. This is where the inconsistency lies, not with I.

So, are you interested in the personal tutorial on how QG / LQG are broken models? Like I said before, the final paper made sense to actual theoretical physicists. There is nothing hypomanic-to-the-point-of-incomprehensibility about it.

Still waiting on Human Resource to get back to me on whether he also wants the tutorial.
[/quote]

Did the vast majority of people start becoming total liars all of a sudden? Have or have you not checked your baseline with people face-to-face?

Please do yourself the favor of making that check.
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][quote name='taby']
Yes that's right, I have an oversized ego because I call out liars who pretend to know more than they actually do. I'm not ashamed. Let me know if you're also interested in the personal tutorial on QG / LQG.

[/quote]

Oh, I've got absolutely nothing against string theory, unless it condones your Q-continuum behavior. So far, string theory has given no tangible evidence whatsoever, only a lot of untested jibber jabber. I wonder what would Pauli have to say on all this... I am quite certain that he would take the stance of people like Woit, Smolin and Krauss. Science has been and always will be based on empirical evidence. You can bash all you want, but all you've got is some cute math with little or no verifiable evidence. It's not even wrong.[/font]

If you are serious about your claims, you are going to stop insulting other people, acquire some sensibility and learn about social protocols... Then you are going to take your work and prove it. If string theory indeed works, alright, awesome. The first order of business for you is to learn how to differentiate mathematics and physics. Contrary to your belief, they do not map one to one.

And if you'd stop being an utter, egoistic asshole for one second, you'd realize that scientists have no secret agendas towards "hiding the truth", lying or any other way someone would classify steering away from the truth. It is possible that you are smarter than all the scientists in the world of modern physics.

But you see, there is a strict difference between possibility and likelihood. Thus, yes, you being the ultimate overlord of science *is* a possibility, but the *likelihood* of that happening is approximately equal to the chance of a big fat midget, having impregnated a gorilla with an alien's fetus, getting enticed to destroy Earth and humanity for their possible, but unlikely future interference in the offspring's development.

But, seriously, I think you are the David Icke of physics! The most important thing you should take home from this post is there are no liars in science at large, just decent people fascinated by the Universe we inhabit. Science should be skeptical and science should be rational. Everything is subject to scrutiny. But it's all directed towards giving us a chance of better understanding the Universe. Thus said, if you are going to be a stupid egoistic asshole for the rest of your life... Then I honestly feel sorry for you.

You know what would I like? Exotic matter! But that's just the cruelty of math playing with my space-faring trekkie heart. Such matter has never been observed thus far, it's just a consequence of mathematics and theoretical possibility. You don't see me getting angry at everyone because I believe ( I don't, I agree with them ) they are mistaken about that observing such properties is highly unlikely.

ROFLMAOBBQ only proves that you are a childish 14-year old trolling from his mum's basement. Anything else would be just sad. How about you finish school (if you are not a dropout), get a degree in physics and battle those "liars" face to face. It's easy to play overlord with a bunch of game developers who emulate matter with triangles.

Now, what is more likely? Everyone is lying and you are the last beacon of truth... Or the other way around?
[size="1"]The best advice I can give is the one I follow myself - listen to those with more experience. Listen and absorb.
[size="1"]If you are a complete beginner and want to know more about game development, read this guide.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement