Started by
40 comments, last by _moagstar_ 12 years, 10 months ago
I liked that splash page...

[attachment=3224:splash.png]

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Advertisement
I'm really new here, and joined this site just this year (although I did find times before).
Nonetheless, Happy 12th Birthday!!!

This site is a tremendous help for me as I am starting game development, THANK YOU!!!

wiz3kid
David D.

I liked that splash page...

[attachment=3224:splash.png]

If I remember correctly, wasn't there also a link to Flipcode on that same page? I sort of remember there being three things linked to from that page.

Man I'm getting old blink.gif
Happy freakin' birthday, GDNet! Here's to the past 12 years, and here's to a dozen more! :D

Chris 'coldacid' Charabaruk – Programmer, game designer, writer | twitter

Happy birthday gdnet! Beyond all the things I've learned thanks to you, you've been a great company through very important moments of my life. And that makes you hard to forget!

My best wishes for you all!
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
OH AND CAEK FOR EVERYONE!!!

draft_lens6756612module55149792photo_1251856504pacman_game_cake.jpg

new-tetris-game-cake.jpg

video-game-controller-cake-21238790.jpg

500x_tempting-ps3-cake.jpg

wii_cake.jpg

nintendo-gameboy-cake-design.jpg

portalcube.png
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Well, I'm still a newb, but thanks Gamedev for making me resemble a programmer and make me able to communicate in English (...).

Anyhoos, I didn't know we almost have the same birthday. It would be nice to meet you guys in real life too.

This thread is too much for my overly sentimental state right now :')

EDIT: "same birthday" WTF?? I meant almost the same date...
The thing that amazes me is that for the amount I used to post here when I was just learning has made it so that my posts per day is still over 1 even after a few years being in the industry and not posting as much here
YAY OWL BROUGHT CAEK!!!

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

CAEK!

NOM NOM NOM!

1746387997_61a729e099_o.jpg

(my byline from the Gamedev Collection series, which I co-edited) John Hattan has been working steadily in the casual game-space since the TRS-80 days and professionally since 1990. After seeing his small-format games turned down for what turned out to be Tandy's last PC release, he took them independent, eventually releasing them as several discount game-packs through a couple of publishers. The packs are actually still available on store-shelves, although you'll need a keen eye to find them nowadays. He continues to work in the casual game-space as an independent developer, largely working on games in Flash for his website, The Code Zone (www.thecodezone.com). His current scheme is to distribute his games virally on various web-portals and widget platforms. In addition, John writes weekly product reviews and blogs (over ten years old) for www.gamedev.net from his home office where he lives with his wife and daughter in their home in the woods near Lake Grapevine in Texas.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement