bcrypt usage

Started by
30 comments, last by rip-off 12 years, 9 months ago
I hear what you are saying. I'll keep learning about SSL and I wish my networking library incorporated it, but until I can figure something out with that I'll put some security in. I guess in my eyes some security is better than none. At least it'll keep the kiddie scripters out which is probably most likely what the game would get anyway.

Thanks!
Advertisement

If you think that SSL is not a good fit for you right now for whatever reason, just go unencrypted until you know that you have a game that's actually worth protecting.
[/quote]
I don't think that sending login data in the clear is a good idea at all, even temporarily. Even something basic like XOR encryption could be enough to stop a casual packet sniffer that isn't aware of this protocol.

I guess in my eyes some security is better than none.
[/quote]
A little, yes. We must try our best with the resources we have, I think.

I'll keep learning about SSL and I wish my networking library incorporated it, but until I can figure something out with that I'll put some security in.
[/quote]
Have you considered contacting the author of this library to see if they are willing to release the source under a favourable license? Or they might be willing just to give you the source, for free, under a closed license.

This would allow you to modify where the socket it created and allow the library to support SSL.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement