3D FingerPrint - need to extract ridges and valleys? Estimation Curvatures

Started by
4 comments, last by Dave Eberly 12 years, 9 months ago
[font="Verdana, Geneva, Tahoma, sans-serif"][color="#333333"]Hello,[/font]
[font="Verdana, Geneva, Tahoma, sans-serif"] [/font]
[font="Verdana, Geneva, Tahoma, sans-serif"][color="#333333"]I need to extract ridges and valleys of a 3D fingerprint. The output should be a ply file which shows exactly where are the ridges and valleys on 3d fingerprint using different colors.[/font]
[font="Verdana, Geneva, Tahoma, sans-serif"][color="#333333"]Input file** - ply file with just x,y,z locations. I got it from a 3d scanner. Email me on nisha.m234@gmail.com for the input file. [/font]
[font="Verdana, Geneva, Tahoma, sans-serif"] [/font]
[font="Verdana, Geneva, Tahoma, sans-serif"][color="#333333"]**Algorithm:**[/font]
[font="Verdana, Geneva, Tahoma, sans-serif"][color="#333333"]I am trying to find principal curvatures for extracting the ridges and valleys. [/font]
[font="Verdana, Geneva, Tahoma, sans-serif"][color="#333333"][color="#000000"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]http://www.global-ed...asicNotions.pdf[/font][/font][font="Verdana, Geneva, Tahoma, sans-serif"][color="#333333"][color="#000000"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"] [/font](in the file see page 42. You can read from page 30. I am trying to achieve something like that.) [/font]
Advertisement
Please remove the HTML tags in your post. It's making it impossible to read.
"Rodimus and Unity" - My developer journal
done!!

done!!

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]any updates?? anyone ??[/font]

[quote name='Nisha M' timestamp='1310502742' post='4834493']
done!!

[color="#000000"][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]any updates?? anyone ??[/font]
[/quote]

bit of update on my side:
http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/3d-fingerprint-need-to-1
You posted a similar request to this forum on June 22. I posted a link to a PDF about ridges/valleys and a link to a sample application. Did you try these ideas? If so, what did not work for you? You posted code, but folks here generally are reluctant to critique large code blocks, prefering instead to discuss your ideas.

You wrote: "[font="Verdana"][color="#333333"]I am totally frustated !! Tried all done all situation but nothing is working for me. I have to complete this within one month to defend my thesis. If I am not able to do so I will lose my job that I want to join after that "

The topic area is a difficult one. If you have made no progress at this time, one more month is not going to make a difference. Writing a thesis is one thing, defending it is another, not everyone successfully defends, and whether or not you obtain a job is not relevant to folks helping you here (and is not an incentive to make them want to help). Perhaps now is a good time to meet with your advisor and discuss your situation...

[/font]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement