On Friendship In the Crowd

Started by
40 comments, last by _the_phantom_ 12 years, 9 months ago
No.

It is not possible to be friends with anyone under any circumstance when you have less power than your so-called friend.

IRC teaches many of this every day. IRC Ops needs to remember that some things can't be undone. Maybe IRC needs to ask itself why there are no John Carmacks online? Or maybe it doesnt. IRC is dominated by petty ops who will never know what self control means and who will never care to ask the question.

And I should clarify, I've seen the dynamics of IRC for 15 years. You get banned over petty crap and 99% of users go back and accept the reality... you have no power. Been there done that. I don't do that anymore and efnet #gamedev can testify. I will never enter afternet #gamdev either. I view it as a good thing because when you obey the rules and you get banned because an op who you've been convering with simply gets too angry to maintain reason and just decides to ban you... hell with them.

IRC Ops like to pretend that everyone EXCEPT them lack maturity but it's all just a facade. And users are easily fooled into believing that IRC users are smarter and wiser than average people, but I've come to learn that IRC Ops are unforunately typically arrested developed souls. This prevents them from achieving a more rational stance in their communications with other people.

Hypnotron

(i have logs)
Advertisement
What are you talking about? Did somebody call you a douchebag or ban you from IRC or something? Did someone tell you that Babylon 5 was rubbish? Did you have an argument about the inclusion of thrown weapons in the next Elder Scrolls game? Did you finally show someone your my little pony fanfic?

Just post the logs of your meaningless internet fight so I can tell you to grow up or something.

EDIT: I see you've edited your post to "clarify" but I still have no idea

What are you talking about? Did somebody call you a douchebag or ban you from IRC or something? Did someone tell you that Babylon 5 was rubbish? Did you have an argument about the inclusion of thrown weapons in the next Elder Scrolls game? Did you finally show someone your my little pony fanfic?

Just post the logs of your meaningless internet fight so I can tell you to grow up or something.

EDIT: I see you've edited your post to "clarify" but I still have no idea

You are a classic example. How many foul words have you used so far? How many unsubstantiated conclusions have you drawn?

You are not a reasonable person. That much is obvious. I will not reply to your disrespectful questions.

EDIT
And i will add... there is nothing I get from this channel as far as knowledge goes. #gamedev on afternet is essentially just diversion. It's not something i need. If you ban someone who's been in the channel for petty reasons then you will be punished by that person not returning. I've done the same thing on efnet. If u think it arrogant for me to say so be it. This was not my choice, it was a petty decision by a petty op who didn't want to have a rational conversation on even terms.
Is it possible to be friends with someon online when u hav less power?
No.
It is not possible to be friends with anyone under any circumstance when you have less power than your so-called friend.
Wait. What? There's no such thing as friendship, only sycophancy? Oh man, I gotta tell my friends!

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]
Just post the logs of your internet fight
^^^
[/font]

You are a classic example. How many foul words have you used so far? How many unsubstantiated conclusions have you drawn?

You are not a reasonable person. That much is obvious. I will not reply to your disrespectful questions.

I used no foul words and I drew about 16 unsubstantiated conclusions all of which involved you being a crybaby.

I'm only joking man just post your logs, then maybe I can give you a useful reply and we could be friends :(

[quote name='Hypnotron' timestamp='1310544973' post='4834673']

I used no foul words and I drew about 16 unsubstantiated conclusions all of which involved you being a crybaby.

I'm only joking man just post your logs, then maybe I can give you a useful reply and we could be friends :(
[/quote]

You don't want to be friends. You've already made your determination.
Can I be your friend Pandy? Your sad-face makes me sad sad.gif

That's the type of IRC irrationality that is not worth discussing. You are blindly siding with someone and you don't even know what you're talking about. I'm not forlorn about this, I mostly just pitty you.It is a sign of weakness.

You don't want to be friends. You've already made your determination.

No Hypnotron, you are the one rejecting my advances :(

Thank you Hodgman I'd like that a lot :)

You are blindly siding with someone and you don't even know what you're talking about. I'm not forlorn about this, I mostly just pitty you.It is a sign of weakness.

We don't know what we're talking about mainly because you've not told anyone. What do you want from this thread? 10 replies from hot gamer girls telling you that you're too good for #gamedev and your ultra-rad hockey MMO will show them all?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement