Where do game developers hang out?

Started by
19 comments, last by TylerYork 12 years, 6 months ago
I think I lost interest in working towards reachable goals that have no realistic reachable profit, instead of a career after all that animation, 3d art, programming, scripting etc, they (the interviewers) put you on the spot "stars in their eyes" style and make you dance like a monkey until you go blue in the face, then they cooly press the button to open a trap door laughing behind your back (dragons style). I for one think it would be great to be on the other side of the desk because I would fire every single one of the people that refused to employ me. Although I am not bitter and would probably let them return to their jobs if they could produce a good enough demo on their own.
Advertisement
.... Although I am not bitter and would probably let them return to their jobs if they could produce a good enough demo on their own.

Well. Okay, then!

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

[quote name='TylerBetable' timestamp='1312481953' post='4844611']
Hey all,

I want to get into the game industry, and one of the ways that I want to do this is to meet game developers. I am not looking for a job, just networking. I'm here, so that's a good start, but I could use some tips :)

Any idea of good places to find game developers, both online and offline? (Online in particular, since that's easier for me)

Thanks!

The best place is right on this forum... You can also search for other game development forums and follow website like #AltDevBlogADay

Offline you can most definitely find game developers at the Game Developers Conference :)
[/quote]

Hey, thanks for mentioning this. I'm actually now writing for AltDevBlogADay (you can find me <b><a href="http://http://altdevblogaday.com/author/tyler-york/">here</a></b>)

They are a really cool community of developers and it sounds like they don't have a lot of good marketing advice, so I'll try to fill that niche for now by sharing everything I know :)
I work for Betable, a game monetization platform. I also write about startups, gaming, and marketing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement