Two Questions?

Started by
22 comments, last by Tom Sloper 12 years, 8 months ago
Thanks for the replies, so I decided I'm going to talk to someone else I know who does have money to spend so I can instead pay the team, instead of trying to find a team to work for free/reimbursement.

Also decided, I'll get a graphics person I can work with personally, the programmer and sound man, I'll try to get the best possible person no matter where he/she lives. I would rather have the option to oversee everything that's going on personally, but my games really do need expertise help, especially the programmer.

As far as my ideas, from all the threads I read on the help wanted section. No one is even close to the games I want to launch, its not a final fantasy or zombie game, its not another diablo type game. I do have an idea of a mmorpg game, but I wouldn't dare try working on it till I've released all my games and generated a massive amount of money to create it, and its still nothing like anyone is describing in the help wanted forum.

Zynga does have the benefit of marketing due to the amount of money they have. That's why I have to make sure my games are to the point that its going to have everyone who plays it, telling others about it. My main advertising would be word of mouth.

Now, as far as legal documents, can someone provide me with all the info I need, to handle that part. From talking to someone about investing in the game idea, to getting the team. Also trademark, what are patent rules on games, what I can and can't.

Once again, thanks to everyone who has replied so far in this thread.
Advertisement

1. from all the threads I read on the help wanted section. No one is even close to the games I want to launch, its not a final fantasy or zombie game, its not another diablo type game. ... its still nothing like anyone is describing in the help wanted forum.
2. Now, as far as legal documents, can someone provide me with all the info I need, to handle that part.
3. From talking to someone about investing in the game idea,
4. to getting the team.
5. Also trademark, what are patent rules on games, what I can and can't.

1. Why are you telling us all that? What does that have to do with your project? Are you saying the HW board is all pie-in-the-sky dreamers rather than serious professionals offering their services? If so, why are you saying that?
2. Sure. An attorney.
3. That'd be you, wouldn't it? You're the business originator, so you have to be the guy to do the business stuff, write the business plan, get the capital somehow -- or am I missing something?
4. Read Gamasutra and the books Introduction to Game Development (Rabin), and Secrets of the Game Business (Larramee). Learn about the industry, find suitable developers. This is what you're taking on.
5. An attorney. See the directory at obscure.co.uk

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

[quote name='Verdict' timestamp='1313642827' post='4850609']
1. from all the threads I read on the help wanted section. No one is even close to the games I want to launch, its not a final fantasy or zombie game, its not another diablo type game. ... its still nothing like anyone is describing in the help wanted forum.
2. Now, as far as legal documents, can someone provide me with all the info I need, to handle that part.
3. From talking to someone about investing in the game idea,
4. to getting the team.
5. Also trademark, what are patent rules on games, what I can and can't.

1. Why are you telling us all that? What does that have to do with your project? Are you saying the HW board is all pie-in-the-sky dreamers rather than serious professionals offering their services? If so, why are you saying that?
2. Sure. An attorney.
3. That'd be you, wouldn't it? You're the business originator, so you have to be the guy to do the business stuff, write the business plan, get the capital somehow -- or am I missing something?
4. Read Gamasutra and the books Introduction to Game Development (Rabin), and Secrets of the Game Business (Larramee). Learn about the industry, find suitable developers. This is what you're taking on.
5. An attorney. See the directory at obscure.co.uk
[/quote]

1. idk, maybe because everyone in this thread seems to think since I'm asking for help/info, that I don't have ideas that can possibly be huge, that my games "certainly won't generate income." It wouldn't if I'm doing the same things everyone else seems to be doing, I'm not.
3. I have enough funds for the game itself, launching, server cost, the legal aspects. I won't have nearly enough to pay the team which this thread has convinced me is the best way of getting this project done. So if I can get help, then I guess it'll be a partnership.
4. I will definitely get on that
5. Will do

1. idk, maybe because everyone in this thread seems to think since I'm asking for help/info, that I don't have ideas that can possibly be huge, that my games "certainly won't generate income." It wouldn't if I'm doing the same things everyone else seems to be doing, I'm not.
3. I have enough funds for the game itself, launching, server cost, the legal aspects. I won't have nearly enough to pay the team which this thread has convinced me is the best way of getting this project done. So if I can get help, then I guess it'll be a partnership.

1. I don't understand what you're getting at. So what if a lot of the posts there are all about RPGs and MMOs and clones of whatever. You can still look for help there. But as I said before, you can't limit yourself to the HW forum.
3. It's YOUR business. Unless you get a partner to handle the business aspects for you (including someone to go out and find the funding), it's all up to you.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement