The Best Books

Started by
13 comments, last by StayFly 12 years, 7 months ago
I started to learn programming in C++, Ivor Horton's and Deitel's book were the ones that i used. Another book which i really enjoyed reading was Code Complete although it is not a beginners book but i felt like it really helped me a lot after i had learned how to program. For game programming i read Aaron Reed's book on Xna and started learning c# along the way which was easy for me since i already knew C++.
Advertisement

Broady is correct, book recommendations will typically be tied to the programming language. And I don't think the more general and abstract books are much use until you at least know a little of the programming experience.

If you're new to programming, I heavily discourage starting with C++. It might be the best tool for some use cases, but first-time project is not one of these. I recommend Python for beginners. Unfortunately, I can't recommend any beginner Python books (as I wasn't a beginner programmer when I learned it), but I'm sure some others here can help you out.

am mainly looking for a book that will make you a better programmer all together, give you some tips on the best way too look at code and how to study it.

[quote name='Gamer Gamester' timestamp='1312920700' post='4846857']
Broady is correct, book recommendations will typically be tied to the programming language. And I don't think the more general and abstract books are much use until you at least know a little of the programming experience.

If you're new to programming, I heavily discourage starting with C++. It might be the best tool for some use cases, but first-time project is not one of these. I recommend Python for beginners. Unfortunately, I can't recommend any beginner Python books (as I wasn't a beginner programmer when I learned it), but I'm sure some others here can help you out.

am mainly looking for a book that will make you a better programmer all together, give you some tips on the best way too look at code, how to study it and learn it.

[/quote]

am mainly looking for a book that will make you a better programmer all together, give you some tips on the best way too look at code, how to study it and learn it.

[/quote]
The three in my earlier post I believe are all language agnostic. Pragmatic Programmer definitely is.

[quote name='RoyalRyan' timestamp='1314721485' post='4855513']

[/quote]
The three in my earlier post I believe are all language agnostic. Pragmatic Programmer definitely is.
[/quote]

thanks a lot man going to give these a read for sure.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement