NeHe's legacy tutorials and LWJGL are outdated!

Started by
0 comments, last by Kazade 12 years, 7 months ago
LWJGL has been updated many (many) times since all the tutorials were written, or at least since they were converted.

I'm going to be reading through (hopefully) all of the tutorials and converting them to LWJGL for my own learning purposes anyway, so i figure i might as well share the code. No use keeping to myself what I can share for free.

I guess what I came here to ask is whether or not it would be worth it to go through the extra time and effort to add extra comments, write readmes, etc. etc. If I were to do all that and put them in a nice zip or jar file, would I be able to send them to NeHe and have them replace the old, outdated conversions? Or is the website 'dead'?
Advertisement

LWJGL has been updated many (many) times since all the tutorials were written, or at least since they were converted.

I'm going to be reading through (hopefully) all of the tutorials and converting them to LWJGL for my own learning purposes anyway, so i figure i might as well share the code. No use keeping to myself what I can share for free.

I guess what I came here to ask is whether or not it would be worth it to go through the extra time and effort to add extra comments, write readmes, etc. etc. If I were to do all that and put them in a nice zip or jar file, would I be able to send them to NeHe and have them replace the old, outdated conversions? Or is the website 'dead'?

Hey,

We are planning a new set of tutorials that will bring the old ones up-to-date. So, it's probably not worth updating the existing ones. But, when the new ones are released you are more than welcome to port those! :D

The delay at the moment is that the site is now hosted on Google AppEngine and they dropped a bombshell price increase on us the other day so all my free time is going on optimizing the site to reduce the billing cost. Just a bit more optimizing to do and then I can begin work on the new lessons :)

Stay tuned!

Luke.
Member of the NeHe team.
So are these new tutorials up yet? Sorry if my question seems odd, but I have not been able to find them yet smile.png

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education"

Albert Einstein

"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education"

Albert Einstein

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement