Playstation Suite SDK doubts

Started by
0 comments, last by JonBonazza 12 years, 7 months ago
Hi, a few days ago Sony unveiled that the Playstation Suite SDK will be released on November. I has been looking for new information about this SDK but seems like every web site have just copied the same notice. So, i want to know if someone can answer me some questions about the SDK.

- Will it work similar to the iOS or Android SDK? Free to develop with until you want to publish? I hope it will be free and public at least until you want to add your app/game to the Sony PSN. If it isn't free how it can cost? and if it isn't public what restrictions will it have?

- As the notice says, it will support C# development, i doubt that sony develops his own C# compiler and VM so it probably will be using a custom version of Mono framework with some restrictions similar to XBLI, but, how will be the API/Framework that Sony provides? Will it be a complete Game Engine ([font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]PhyreEngine wrapper[/font])? an XNA like framework? Or simply an OpenGL ES API implementation and a couple of classes to manage device input events? I bed for the third.

If anyone have and can post some new information about the Playstation Suite i'll appreciate it.

Thanks!
Advertisement
This is all mere guessing at this point, but here are my anticipations:
1) Odds are it will make heavy use of the Android NDK and JNI. As for price, I highly doubt it will be free or even easily accessed. I assume they would take a similar approach to their PSP and PS3 SDKs and only be availble to registered developers (who have proven themselves through Sony's QA team) and purchase of a dev kit.

2) If it is using C#, then it's likely done through scripting using the Mono framework (Which was released for Android not too long ago). It's advertised as an SDK, not an engine. You would use the SDK to make your engine.
Co-founder/Lead Programmer
Bonafide Software, L.L.C.
Fairmont, WV 26554 US

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement