looking for simple megaman example

Started by
20 comments, last by yckx 12 years, 7 months ago
What does that have to do with anything? My reply at 9:04am is considered a bump?

OFF TOPIC!

are there links for those things?
Advertisement
That first youtube video you linked to deals with player motion including jumping. So if you "don't know jack about jumping" that seems as good a place as any to start.

What does that have to do with anything? My reply at 9:04am is considered a bump?

I believe Phantom is referring to post number four, made only three hours after your other post (post number 3), where the only thing said was "bump".

As others have said, looking for a complete tutorial with a very specific list of demands, is going to be hard to come by. You'll do much better by singling out one aspect (or two) and searching for that.
The following game I have borrowed code from a friend and added some of my own. He had rotozoom in it, but i constantly got linker errors so I removed everything related to zoom.

The game compiles, but does not load. He also set the resolution to 1024x768, I changed it to 320x240 (im assuming the player will still spawn at the top of the screen). He also had the sprites resized by 2 times (for the bigger resolution), but I took that out as well.

I have included what he had as well, he has a bunch of unnessecary macintosh files.

OFF TOPIC!

are there links for those things?

It has to do with your conduct on these forums, which as a forum moderator I'm asking your nicely to adjust so that we don't have any problems in the future.

As pointed out by someone else above you posted once at 1:59am (in my time zone) and then 3 hours later posted again with 'bump'. This is considered rude in most forums and frowned up here which is why I asked you nicely to not do it again in future and gave you guidelines as to acceptable 'bump' times.
Well I didn't do it again, I thought the recent post would have been help though...
Just try searching on "platformer tutorials", heck XNA has an entire framework pre-built for platformer games.
Megaman is nothing more than a specific, very popular 2d platformer.

Hazard Pay :: FPS/RTS in SharpDX (gathering dust, retained for... historical purposes)
DeviantArt :: Because right-brain needs love too (also pretty neglected these days)

nah, im developing for dreamcast, I had my game done in another language but it doesnt work as well as c++ on the dreamcast.
If you've already developed the game in another language, why do you need to be shown how to make it again in C++? The differences in code will be largely syntactical rather than algorithmical, you'll just be able to pretty much copy exactly what you've done already.
I made it in fenix (which is the same thing as div or bennu).
http://wiki.bennugd.org/index.php?title=Bennu

I mean if its possible to covnert the code (ill convert the images and use clips) then all will be well :D. I do notice many similarities except everything is done out in processes and goes like this:
Program "example";
Global
Logal
Begin
Process()
Private
Begin
Frame;
End

aside from that way, the code is practically the same in many cases.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement