looking for simple megaman example

Started by
20 comments, last by yckx 12 years, 6 months ago

nah, im developing for dreamcast, I had my game done in another language but it doesnt work as well as c++ on the dreamcast.

Ummm... Maybe you don't quite get it but... programming is programming. Languages and APIs are just tools. If you can do it in one language, you can do it in another. Making a game where a character can jump can be done in any language I can think of, and in most of them the methods used to make this happen are the same. It's just syntax and idioms that are mostly different. The core structure of it all stays the same.

What I'm really trying to say is learn how to program first. Properly program. I'm not trying to be rude, but really, I think you're getting ahead of yourself.

If you didn't do enough programming to know how to port it when you originally made it... well then I'd say it's time to get your hands dirty in learning how to properly program in some language you would like (starting from the basics). Otherwise it'll never happen.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Advertisement
Ive been coding since I was 11, primarily fenix/bennu and notepad++. c++ i dont know but i need it. i said im looking for tutorials and stuff.
Then you don't need tutorials on how to make a platformer, you need tutorials on C++ basics and idioms. And there are countless numbers of those floating around.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement