I would like to make some money from Game Development

Started by
10 comments, last by EugieAG 12 years, 6 months ago
Don't limit yourself to just those two mobile platforms - there's a wealth of other platforms with large userbase, and less of a bandwagon of developers in competition (Nokia, etc).

I would also agree with ApochPiQ - don't think you can make millions, because of a few success stories you read :) And any "gold rush" period when you could make loads of money from something trivial has surely long gone, especially for those two platforms. You could still make money perhaps, but that goes for any platform.

Also check out the (sadly now locked) post about earning $12,000 a year in game development, to put things into perspective. Is this just for extra pocket money on the side, or do you believe you can set up a business to do better than what you currently earn in game development?

http://erebusrpg.sourceforge.net/ - Erebus, Open Source RPG for Windows/Linux/Android
http://conquests.sourceforge.net/ - Conquests, Open Source Civ-like Game for Windows/Linux

Advertisement

Don't limit yourself to just those two mobile platforms - there's a wealth of other platforms with large userbase, and less of a bandwagon of developers in competition (Nokia, etc).

I would also agree with ApochPiQ - don't think you can make millions, because of a few success stories you read :) And any "gold rush" period when you could make loads of money from something trivial has surely long gone, especially for those two platforms. You could still make money perhaps, but that goes for any platform.

Also check out the (sadly now locked) post about earning $12,000 a year in game development, to put things into perspective. Is this just for extra pocket money on the side, or do you believe you can set up a business to do better than what you currently earn in game development?

I am a programmer, about 4 years ago I was introduced to internet marketing and I liked it, invested some time and effort in it and the ROI was great for 3 years, but as the other members mentioned it's a rapidly changing environment and things don't last forever, and now I am trying to create something and sell it, something small, I am not talking about a project that will take me years!, I would like to start small and grow. currently I have a day job, but I am not a "day job" guy at all, I like to be my own boss eventually.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement