(Poll)What OS do you use?

Started by
13 comments, last by ApochPiQ 12 years, 4 months ago

The reason I use Windows is because I have a real job and only a small beard.

Do you know offhand what the maximum supported beard length is for Win7?
Advertisement

The reason I use Windows is because I have a real job and only a small beard.

Wow. A little bitter are we? Mr. Hodgman here needs to show those freetards a thing or two. How dare they have great software with ideological licensing.

It works. Not only in day-to-day usage, but without of all the bull**** which usually accompanies open-source/free-software/design-by-committee software.

Funny. I can't say that I've had the same experience myself. Like most things, probably PEBKAC.
Wow...
I was hoping that between the beard joke, the obvious reversal of Chris_F's post, and the final line about it being a holy-war thread, it would be obvious that my farcical statements were simply poking fun at the thread...

Seriously though, at work I have to use Win7, 'M$VC' and Photoshop, because the FOSS equivalents simply aren't up to the job (our company is a tight-arse when it comes to paying licensing fees, so I'm sure they'd love to use free alternatives if they could get away with it). We do however use OpenOffice and Mozilla's email/browser clients.

[size="1"]Serious thread is serious.

I was hoping that between the beard joke, the obvious reversal of Chris_F's post, and the final line about it being a holy-war thread, it would be obvious that my farcical statements were simply poking fun at the thread...

Seriously though, at work I have to use Win7, 'M$VC' and Photoshop, because the FOSS equivalents simply aren't up to the job (our company is a tight-arse when it comes to paying licensing fees, so I'm sure they'd love to use free alternatives if they could get away with it). We do however use OpenOffice and Mozilla's email/browser clients.

[size="1"]Serious thread is serious.

Heh... Fair enough. I guess I've seen so many of these threads go that way it's sometimes hard to spot the jokes.

[size="1"]This is why we can't have nice things!
Operating systems are for weenies. Real Programmers use the toggle switches to signal the hardware directly.

Also: just no. Holy war + poll + has nothing to do with programming = thread closed.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement