Contra Mario - Combination of Epics

Started by
17 comments, last by nukemania 11 years, 10 months ago
cee4de15.jpg
Name: Contra Mario - Combination of Epics
Platform: PC
Release Date: February 2012
Story: After another failure Bowser decided to take a break a little bit longer. After accumulating forces, he again began the attack. But this time, he comes and he did not kidnap the princess.
His arms became more technological, but scientists Mushroom Kingdom, doing what got to do. So at this time Mario goes on a journey with multiple gun and a pair of implants.
But is it so simple?
Screenshots:
thumb_b4b571b6.jpg
thumb_7a2f47d3.jpg

Actual Gameplay Video:

Demo-Version will be at 7-10 January
Features of Demo:

-First level + boss
-5 types of weapon: Default, Machine Gun(M), Flame(F), Shotgun(S), Laser(L).
-3 type of enemies: Goomba on Koopa, Ground Turret, Rotatable Turret
-Pipe passages, riding on wire ropes
-Coin system - 100 coins=1 life
-Gamepad support
-some other things.

Sorry for poor English - I'm from Belarus.
Advertisement
Demo is out now!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45020820/ContraMario.rar
Trailer of coming Eta-Testing!
[media]
[/media]
Damn it! Why can't I rate the thread?! Awesome concept. Now if you were to change the character from Mario to an original character and put this on the phone, you'd be quite successful! Awesome.

Downloading now....!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Hey.

This looks like a lot of fun :) well done!
Predicting a legal takedown notice from Nintendo's Lawyers in 3... 2... 1...

Nintendo is extremely strict about protecting their IP. Mario by himself is worth roughly a bajillion Yen as the #1 most recognizable game character, and Yoshi is close behind as the #3 most recognizable game character.

Their legal department is aggressive both to take down sites and take other legal action against infringers.
Demo is absolutely old, so better to wait 14th May, when Eta-Test will start.
Also, when Eta Starts,
I'll start looking for voice actors. If you know what I'm mean. I mean that if you have voice, and it isn't bad by opinion of you and your close, maybe you could try to give your voice to one of characters.
Game will have really great story, but only after Eta.

About Nintendo:
PC - isn't their platform. They're got no rights to do anything with CM, because my game not copies any their game, and it's not commercial. If they're will have problems - comes time to publicly disparage a great company.

But let them to make at least one game about Mario on PC. But hey, they do not!
Anyway, Mario Forever(by Softendo) still alive and gonna be better then Nintendo(New Mario Forever 2012), so i thinks that it is more problem for them.

Ah yea, and i'm living in Belarus, and i don't think, that they're have any influence there.
And also by this reason, my English is not very good.
About Nintendo:
PC - isn't their platform. They're got no rights to do anything with CM, because my game not copies any their game,
and it's not commercial. If they're will have problems - comes time to publicly disparage a great company.
Anyway, Mario Forever(by Softendo) still alive and gonna be better then Nintendo(New Mario Forever 2012), so i thinks
that it is more problem for them.
Ah yea, and i'm living in Belarus, and i don't think, that they're have any influence there.[/quote]

You need to learn about how Intellectual Property rights work, as everything you have said implies that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Firstly, the platform is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if you are writing a game for a console or the PC. Even if you do a board game, card game, or even a range of ice creams, if you use any of their trademarks or copyrighted images, you are infringing against them and can have legal action taken against you.

Also, it does not matter of your project is commercial or not. In order to protect their trademarks and copyrights, the holders of them are actually required to take legal action against any infringements they are aware of, or they risk losing their IP rights. The only reason that you haven't heard from their legal department is that so far your project is too insignificant to have reached their attention. Should it become popular enough however, they will become aware of it, at which point they have to respond, in order to protect their IP.

Living in Belarus is not going to make you safe from them either. They won't just send cease and desist orders to you, but will also contact your webhost to get your site taken down. And while you may not take these matters seriously, the webhost probably will.

About Nintendo:
PC - isn't their platform. They're got no rights to do anything with CM, because my game not copies any their game,
and it's not commercial. If they're will have problems - comes time to publicly disparage a great company.
Anyway, Mario Forever(by Softendo) still alive and gonna be better then Nintendo(New Mario Forever 2012), so i thinks
that it is more problem for them.
Ah yea, and i'm living in Belarus, and i don't think, that they're have any influence there.

You need to learn about how Intellectual Property rights work, as everything you have said implies that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Firstly, the platform is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if you are writing a game for a console or the PC. Even if you do a board game, card game, or even a range of ice creams, if you use any of their trademarks or copyrighted images, you are infringing against them and can have legal action taken against you.

Also, it does not matter of your project is commercial or not. In order to protect their trademarks and copyrights, the holders of them are actually required to take legal action against any infringements they are aware of, or they risk losing their IP rights. The only reason that you haven't heard from their legal department is that so far your project is too insignificant to have reached their attention. Should it become popular enough however, they will become aware of it, at which point they have to respond, in order to protect their IP.

Living in Belarus is not going to make you safe from them either. They won't just send cease and desist orders to you, but will also contact your webhost to get your site taken down. And while you may not take these matters seriously, the webhost probably will.
[/quote]

Game will contain information about owners of trademarks and others, so it's enough for start. Anyway, "Super Mario Bros." - yes, it's Nintendo's trade mark. But here is "Contra Mario". So there is could be butthurt about TM only at Konami. Anyway i can delete space between words, change some graphics, and Nintendo/Konami will lose all of their rights in this direction.

Also: you know, i got no website, to take it down(or maybe i'm not very understood, what you means). And Belarus... has some special politics.
21th May - Eta-Version release date.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement