Eye strain with new monitor

Started by
0 comments, last by JD557 12 years, 2 months ago
Hi all.

I recently made a topic about getting a second monitor for a dual monitor setup. I went ahead and got a 23" LED HD monitor, to accompany my 21.5" LCD HD monitor.

On waking up the day after I had got it and used it, I had some quite severe eye strain, which is still apparent 3 days later. I find this strange as I've heard LED's are meant to reduce eye strain, so what could be the problem here? Could it be that I have two different types of monitors that my eyes are switching from now and again? Could it just be the new monitor?

I'm looking into getting a refund or exchange so that I can get something a little less... painful, but I thought I'd come here to ask all you intelligent people first, to see if a reason could be found.

The new monitor is an LG E2351 in case that matters.

Thanks in advance for any informations!
Advertisement
Although I can't say it for sure, it can be the difference between the new monitor's temperature color or brightness levels and the room.
Have you tried using something like this: http://stereopsis.com/flux/ ?

Also, maybe the refresh rate between the monitors is different or lower that what it used to be? (never worked with 2 monitors, so I can't say if this can happen or not)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement