3D City with Roads

Started by
3 comments, last by vir2007 12 years, 1 month ago
Hi all,

I'm facing a real problem,

I need at least 2 or 3 3D cities to use it in somehow car game with AI (many roads, no need for altitude...)

but to go forward my project, i need those maps i tried many things and nothing :(

cityengine cant export to format to be used with 3dsmax...
ghostTown is good but requires 64 bit systems

Please help me by mading those cities for me to advance in my project, im stack for three monthes looking for solution

Thanks in advance :)
Advertisement
What engine or technology are you using for your game; that is to say, what format do you need the map(s) to be in?

- Jason Astle-Adams

Hi Badams,

Im gonna build my own engine,

For format, I think its .obj

Then I have to recognize roads on this object

then run a Car with AI according to the streets coordinates

Thanks
You don't need all the artwork to start development if you're planning on creating your own engine -- in fact, you're probably not ready for graphics until you've already put a simple triangle or square on screen and then moved on through displaying a basic cube and getting things working. If you're not sure about the format you need, you're not ready yet.

All that aside though, it sounds like you're probably not really ready to code your own engine either -- engine development is both difficult and time-consuming, and if you're not sure about what graphics-format you want to use or the basic logic of your game then it's highly unlikely you have the experience to tackle such a task. I would recommend using Unity3d, or some other existing engine to get some experience before trying to write your own engine.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Thanks Badams :)

I already did the basics, I know that I need more experience for this domain,
well im forwading step by step, now im using libraries to load a model

for the city generator, i finished by using ghostTown which requires x64 system
if i will stack on anything i will ask for help :)

Thanks again

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement