AngelScript 2.23.1 is here

Started by
15 comments, last by WitchLord 11 years, 11 months ago
Thanks. That must be the moment the problem was introduced, still I don't understand why this is not happening on my machine. It seems that my project is not equal to what is in the SVN for some reason, but that really shouldn't be possible as I always do diffs to verify differences in all files. I'll investigate further when I get home.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
The difference is with the Microsoft SDK version 6.0a. I have version 6.1 installed, which is why I didn't face the problem due to the disabled language extensions.

In version 6.1 Microsoft corrected the problem with the specstrings.h header file by adding the following precompiler condition:

#if defined(_MSC_EXTENSIONS) || defined(_PREFAST_) || defined(OACR)
#define __$adt_prop(adt,prop) __declspec("SAL_adt("#adt","#prop")")
#define __$adt_add_prop(adt,prop) __declspec("SAL_add_adt_property("#adt","#prop")")
#define __$adt_remove_prop(adt,prop) __declspec("SAL_remove_adt_property("#adt","#prop")")
#define __$adt_transfer_prop(arg) __declspec("SAL_transfer_adt_property_from("#arg")")
#define __$adt_type_props(typ) __declspec("SAL_post_type("#typ")")
#define __$volatile __declspec("SAL_volatile")
#define __$nonvolatile __declspec("SAL_nonvolatile")
#define __$possibly_notnulltermiated __declspec("SAL_RequiresZeroTermination(sometimes)")
#endif

Anyway, I'll re-enable the language extensions in the project settings to avoid this problem for others that use MS SDK 6.0a.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Heh, turns out despite the fact I had v6.1 installed, v6.0 was still used by MSVC due to some bogus registry value. Thanks for the hint!

Anyway, it was weird to have this setting different for release and debug builds.
I've updated our JIT compiler for 2.23.1.
Great. Thanks for letting us know.

Should remove header file 'as_bytecodedef.h' in project of MSVC10 to prevent its 'check-file-missing' building ...
Done in revision 1299. Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement