New game studio - crowdfunding project

Started by
1 comment, last by FrozenFrogGames 11 years, 11 months ago
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hey guys, [/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I know most of you probably don't know me, but I'm here to ask you for your help with our project. I'm assuming, that some of you were, at some point in your life, dreaming about creating your own games, just like us.[/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We're trying to make this dream come true and also making a point to the whole gaming industry. Today's game industry is more about money than fun and we think it's wrong. Amazing game concepts are thrown away every day, simply because publishers think, those games would be "too hardcore" and they have no interest in creating games only 5.000 people would buy. [/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Using crowdfunding we're trying to start our own company independent on those huge corporations. We're also trying a different approach to our cooperation with gaming community. We're trying to encourage[/font]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]people from all over the world to send us their ideas or whole game concepts so we can help them create their games. Unlike a publisher we want them to retain rights to those games and we ask only for a part of their profits, so we can continue helping others as well.[/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Unfortunately promoting this idea proved to be difficult. Non of us is actually worldwide famous (for example I wrote reviews and interviews for a local website that no longer exists). Since we're trying to create a whole new company we have nothing fancy to show in our video. And mainly, it looks like all online media simply decided to ignore us. And I mean really ignore us. Not even a "go f... yourselves" e-mail... [/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]They simply don't believe it's possible to achieve something like this without having John Carmack or someone like that on the team. But without promotion it's impossible to get to word out. You can't get famous[/font]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]if nobody gives you a chance to try.[/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]And that's where they're wrong. I still have faith in gaming community. I mean, how many gamers are there? Even if one out of thousand decides to send us one dollar we'll still have more than we need. [/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So I ask you, take those 5 minutes to check out our project page, pick any of those perks you'd like, even that $1 makes a difference, if you'll send it using PayPal it won't cost you nothing else. Or even if you don't believe we could succeed, help us spread the word, share our page, our story with your friends, you never know who'll read it.[/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]And if you want to help us or have any questions, any suggestions or critics tell us. I'll be checking this thread often and I'll answer to everyone.[/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]our fundrasing page: [/font]http://www.indiegogo...ozen-frog-games
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]and our homepage: [/font]http://www.frozenfroggames.com

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks for reading this far, I hope I didn't sound too cheesy. [/font]smile.png

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nick[/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]p.s.: feel free to correct my Engrish, it's really hard to explain your thoughts when English isn't your native language [/font]
Advertisement
The main thing i'm missing is this:

Why should i think that your team is capable of delivering ?

What games have you (or members of your team) worked on before ?

Right now there is nothing on your website or the crowdfunding page that indicates that you are able to make a good game, you need to really display the talent you have at your disposal to get people interested.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
yeah you're right, we'll need to somehow show what we can do.

thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement