Mouse Input Synthesizes / Emulation

Started by
3 comments, last by deftware 11 years, 10 months ago
Hi

Just for fun I thought I make a simple bot for a game I am developing. I have experimented with SendInput() and PostMessage(). Does SendInput work with RAW input and DirectInput also?

How can I detect if a user is "botting" this way?
Advertisement

How can I detect if a user is "botting" this way?
[/quote]
You cannot do this with 100% accuracy. The user could hook / modify the kernel, and you will never know.

I am not a Win32 programmer, so I cannot answer your other question.
Could you explain what library you'r using or language?if c++, you can try SDL llibrary, it detects mouse movement, position, and button clicks :P
I don't think it works with direct input, but you can set it up to if you want to.

Could you explain what library you'r using or language?if c++, you can try SDL llibrary, it detects mouse movement, position, and button clicks tongue.png

LOL
I'm not sure if this is legal but you could scan processes in search of ones utilizing SetCursorPos(), SetPhysicalCursorPos(), or SendMessage(WM_MOUSEMOVE)... The WM_MOUSEMOVE message would be the hardest to extract.

If you implemented this with a user-opted approach, like enabling punkbuster and being able to play on such servers (where users must give permission for the detection) then I'm sure that would be fine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement