What to do with an attenuated light vector in my shader

Started by
11 comments, last by Daniel Wilson 11 years, 8 months ago
Have you correctly plugged in [font=courier new,courier,monospace]matrix_tex[/font] with appropriate data?
Advertisement
Yeah should've mentioned that too sorry, I am certain that data is correct. This shader is actually being used in Ogre, and it's easy to generate the texture in Ogre and the output is virtually identical to fx composer. Each rgba component in the floating point texture just holds a preset scattering coefficient value taken from this table:
capturexv.png
So I've been working on this a while longer, and the only real conclusion I have come up with is the colour values must be wrong. I thought for a while maybe they were right and I was not doing the correct thing with the result. I was given the good advice that:
The scattered radiance should be added to the phong radiance component because
the phong model computes the radiance at the surface only, the scattered radiance is
just more radiance coming from under the surface, to the eye. [/quote] So hopefully that might help some future googlers, now if if I could just work out the correct values to begin with! I knew the colours were too trippy rolleyes.gif

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement