3d Models and PhysX

Started by
2 comments, last by Maciej T. 11 years, 8 months ago
Hi guys

I'm a bit new to this, but I have taken an interest in 3D programming with PhysX and irrlicht.

I managed to get a small game going where I can make some simple structures of actors like cubes, and balls and do different things with them, but I'd like to take this to the next level, and I'm having a really hard time figuring out what that level is.

Say I want to make my own shapes and, or structures out of my existing shapes, how would I go about this?

I can code structures of existing shapes in my little game by manually specifying locations of each actor and placement, but that is a very tedious task, is there a better way?

What if I wanted to import some existing model of a rigid body into my environment? I can't for the life of me figure out where to even begin.

I'm only thinking about rigid shapes right now, nothing animated, I just want some new pieces in my simulation which are not the standard cube, sphere etc etc..... I can figure out how to draw them with irrlicht, but I'm a bit stuck on the PhysX part.

Much appreciate any input to get me through this stage, ideally, I'd like to make some type of an interesting simulation of a car crash or so like you see on youtube, but I'm not there yet....

Thank you very much for any help

xp
Advertisement
Well I've been doing some more research into this, and it looks like I might be able to use 3DS or Maya to create a scene that can be imported into the PhysX SDK, now I just need to figure out how this will happen.

if anyone ever tried anything like this, please feel free to share.

Thank you

xp
Theres tutorials on loading models on the irrLicht site. Theres tutorials on the same for PhysX aswell.
Care to post a few links? I've been googling for a while and I can't find anything for PhysX 3.x

Appreciate it

xp

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement