Seeking Game Development Course

Started by
1 comment, last by slayemin 11 years, 7 months ago
Hello User's "I WANNA PLAY A GAME"....
wink.png

I have done B.E. in C.S.E. from India
What to do next, I Dont Know... Some Says go for M.Tech or Bla Bla Service...

My Interest on Game Development Field.

blink.png

My Eligibility:
Programming Languages - java, c, c++
Ethical Hacking - Metasploit(Basics)
2D Graphics - Photoshop CS5, Flash, Hand Drawing & Painting
3D Graphics - 3Ds Max 2012, Maya 2012, Zbrush 4,Mudbox 2012
Game Engine - Unity 3.x
Web Designing - Dreamweaver, HTML5, CSS

Programming learned from School, Institute and training (with extra self learningrolleyes.gif )
And other Next 5's done by self learning(Essential and Advanced) from books and tutorials.

ph34r.png [color=#696969][font=courier new,courier,monospace]

Need Help in Courses and Carrier Options(in Game Development Field) or go for M.Tech Studies ????[/font]

Advertisement

1. I have done B.E. in C.S.E. from India
What to do next, I Dont Know... Some Says go for M.Tech or Bla Bla Service...
2. Need Help in Courses
3. and Carrier Options(in Game Development Field)
4. or go for M.Tech Studies ????

Namaste, Ark.
1. I don't know what your "Bla Bla Service" option is. You're trying to decide between a Masters and [what]?
2. What kind of help are you looking for as regards to courses? You have to be specific -- a focused question will get you a good answer.
3. Read this forum's FAQ on career options in games. (To get to the FAQ, go back out to the Breaking In forum main page and look at upper right).
4. If you have to make a decision, make a decision grid.

Before you go for a masters degree, make sure you are doing it for the right reason -- for the learning, not because you think you need the piece of paper.
If you have your bachelors degree already, and your goal is to get a game job, then you could build a portfolio (and skip the masters).
If your end goal is to teach, then go for the masters. Put all your thinking, all your options and reasons and decision factors, into a decision grid.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Taking courses is one step of many steps to an overall goal. We don't know what you're trying to accomplish in terms of an overall goal.

If you're aiming to make games, I think you're already qualified. So, either start making games on your own or seek out an employer.
If you're looking to expand on your existing knowledge base even further, then either take more advanced classes or start your own research & development project.

Once you know what you want to accomplish, its a lot easier to figure out the steps you need to take to accomplish it.

Tom's advice is also pretty solid :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement