3D - Modular Set Modeling Problem/Question

Started by
0 comments, last by AdarB 11 years, 7 months ago
Hey guys !
It's the first time I try to model tilable assets for a game and I'm having a slight problem.
I've followed an awesome tutorial which can be found here:
http://www.thiagokla...vironments.html

I made similar wall tiles and corners rounding inwards and outwards and I noticed the problem as soon as I tried creating floor tiles that should fit.
This is how it looks right now:
[attachment=11062:Temp.jpg]

I have 2 types of floor tiles, one type which includes 2 different tiles of slightly slimmer tiles that are close to walls and another type of a square tile that should fill all the areas that are not touching the walls.
In the examples I selected the 2 problematic wall and floor tiles. If I would not to use them at all and create a square or rectangle room everything would work fine but as soon as they're in, the floor tiles are not ending at the same spot.

The problematic corner tiles are exactly like the other corner tiles but are arched to the opposite side and for a floor tile to fit it it has to be bigger so it would fit.
I can make the corner tiles a lot wider so all of the tiles would be square tiles and then it would work but I don't want to use such wide corners (actually now that I think about it, it would probably cause the exact same problem because the problematic floor tiles would even get bigger compared to the others).

Anyone has an idea?
Thanks a lot ! smile.png
Advertisement
Nevermind, I found a solution !
Just had to make smaller corners and have all the floor tiles square rolleyes.gif

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement