Who to follow on Twitter?

Started by
10 comments, last by Serapth 11 years, 5 months ago
I do not know where this post should be posted to be under the correct category so I decided to place it here and hope for the best!

I am a student at the university of Skövde in Sweden and I wish to follow some people on twitter that is relevant to my future line of work (game development). The type of people I want to follow are well known programmers, designers, artists, etc, so if anyone can help me find some of these people it would be great!

I hope you guys understand what I am asking for, my English is not the best one out here!
Best regards, Kim
Advertisement
I like to follow David Rosen's work on Overgrowth: http://twitter.com/wolfire
We have a GDNet twitter you could follow.

Daniel Cook from Spry Fox, who also blogs at Lost Garden is interesting sometimes, although I prefer reading his blog entries rather than his twitter feed.
You could also try John Carmack from iD software.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Second vote for John Carmack. I don't always know what he's talking about, but it's still fascinating.

I maintain a list of pretty much every game developer I come across on Twitter right here.

There's also a /r/gamedev list if you hang around reddit a lot.
Thanks for all the suggestions!
I looked for a gamedev.net thread of twitterers and couldn't find one. Could be interesting to create and revive just such a thread. This of course is because I just started tweeting again, this time entirely gamedev releated..

Is there such a thread, and if not, any interest in making one somewhere?
Yup definitely can't forget John Carmack cool.png
May get technical at times, but I really like the tweets where he says he wasted like an hour looking for a typo in code or how bad some of his old code was when he looks back.
It give hope for the rest of struggling average programmers if the best of them still struggles and does some stupid things as far as coding goes.
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Find Romero on tweeter. Enjoy.
C x 2 C x o C x C f nice C x C s C x C c
Avoid Twitter, I say. It's pretty easy to get caught up in following folks, reading tweets, checking out blog feeds, etc.... and never actually getting anything done. Trust me, I know. Shut off FB, close Twitter, kill gd.net (as painful as that may be) and open up your IDE instead. Listening to all the grandiose 140-character bits of pith in the world won't make you a better programmer.
Mike Acton from Insomniac Games (also started AltDevBlogADay), Johan Anderson from DICE, Aras Pranckevicius from Unity.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement