[C#] Getting ray from mouse position

Started by
10 comments, last by VanillaSnake21 11 years, 5 months ago
What's transform.position? If it's not the camera position or ray origin, then the direction won't point to where you clicked. And by the way, I think it would be better to give an impulse to your bullet by setting its velocity directly instead of using AddForce.
Advertisement

What's transform.position? If it's not the camera position or ray origin, then the direction won't point to where you clicked. And by the way, I think it would be better to give an impulse to your bullet by setting its velocity directly instead of using AddForce.

The script is attached to the Player character so it's the center of the player capsule. While it's not the camera transfrom, camera is also attached to this player and it's position is maybe 0.1 units up in y direction from player capsule, but let me try to set it to camera explicitly.

Edit: Yes that was it! The ball flies in the right direction, and I'll look into setting the impulse, thanks Faelnor!

You didn't come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are not a stranger here. -Alan Watts

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement