Managing OpenGL Versions

Started by
20 comments, last by Aks9 11 years, 4 months ago
try to use errno to catch last system error.[/quote]

Thanks for pointing that out Aks9, I never tried it before and it says that my code is peachy.

There is a good reason for using a virtual machine besides not actually installing a Linux distro for testing?[/quote]

Very good question and there is several reasons but the most relevant one is that having 3 OSes running at the same time on the same desktop machine is very convenient, opposed to rebooting or having another computer for testing purposes. Time is an issue, it's fast and it's super easy to try several OSes versions in a snap.

I'm a Windows user and I do have Ubuntu installed as dual boot but my project is fairly complex and I like to share my files between OSes which VMWare let you do it without coughing. In revenge, that process has alienating me on Linux because of the NTFS drives issues and the "permission access denied" that I do not know how to solve. I'm not a fan of Linux based OSes honestly. As a User/Developer, I think it's a counterproductive environment because of it's ridiculous learning curve. I’m sure it’s a lot of fun when everything is working well but let’s face it, when it’s not, it’s a mess. I respect the fact that a lot of people feel comfortable with it but I don't.
Advertisement
Ah, errno return:
"Resource temporarily unavailable" on VMware Ubuntu but nothing under native Windows 8. I'll investigate further more.

Ah, errno return:
"Resource temporarily unavailable" on VMware Ubuntu but nothing under native Windows 8. I'll investigate further more.

It sounds like you don't have an active GL context. Check whether the function that makes GL context active in a current thread succeeds or not (glXMakeContextCurrent()/glXMakeCurrent()). That could explain why glGetError() returns zero. wink.png
On Windows use GetLastError(), not errno!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement