need implementations of DEFLATE compression and decompression

Started by
2 comments, last by bubu LV 11 years, 4 months ago
Does anyone know of a small C or C++ implementation of both DEFLATE and INFLATE in the public domain or with a super permissive license? Yes, I know about zlib and will use it if I have to but would rather not have to have a dependency on the whole thing because I just need in memory compression and decompression of a byte buffer, not zipping and unzipping with internal file directory structure,etc.

I did this once before and used deflate.h and deflate.c from Halibut, but now I need inflate as well. Looks like i could use tinf from here , but it would be nice if someone had put both together already as four standalone source files i.e. inflate.h, inflate.c, deflate.h, and deflate.c. It seems like this should exist somewhere but, haven't found it.
Advertisement
First Google hit for "deflate open source implementation" :-)

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Thanks, I looked at that one but didn't read carefully, i.e. at all, and thought it wasn't what I need when it fact it is exactly what I need.
Yes, I know about zlib and will use it if I have to but would rather not have to have a dependency on the whole thing because I just need in memory compression and decompression of a byte buffer, not zipping and unzipping with internal file directory structure,etc.

What are you talking about? zlib very small and does exactly that - byte buffer compression or decompression. It doesn't do anything with file or directory structure.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement