Unwanted notifications received

Started by
14 comments, last by DpakoH 11 years, 4 months ago
Ok, sounds like we have a genuine problem of some sort where this is being unintentional enabled for some reason.

We definitely don't want to be spamming people -- or sending unnecessary emails for that matter -- so we'll definitely look into this and get it fixed as soon as we can.

Please be patient with us in the meantime, hopefully it won't take too long to sort out!

- Jason Astle-Adams

Advertisement
just to be clear, i am posting here to help you debug the problem, i am not impatient or anything :)
Not a problem at all -- if anyone else is experiencing this problem please let us know as well -- more information may help us to find out what's going wrong. smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

I believe the following of a forum is intended. That's one way we track your involvement with the site to attempt to serve you content that matches your interest and stuff in certain areas of the site. Mike will have to confirm this.

What's not intended is having email notification enabled when you join a forum.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Okay, I think I found the problem. Forum following notifications was turned on. This should be resolved now hopefully. The people this would have affected were people who were first-time posters in a particular forum.

What you'll have to do for now however is turn off forum notifications for each forum you don't want to receive notifications for however.

Okay, I think I found the problem. Forum following notifications was turned on. This should be resolved now hopefully. The people this would have affected were people who were first-time posters in a particular forum.

What you'll have to do for now however is turn off forum notifications for each forum you don't want to receive notifications for however.

done, thanks for the solution

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement