Game name is the same as a company name

Started by
8 comments, last by Tom Sloper 11 years, 4 months ago
I've been developing a game called Epic Hamster for a while now and just found out today that there's a company called Epic Hamster also: http://www.epichamster.com/apps/IdentiKid/ what should I do? I already bought epic-hamster.com before I knew that they existed. Am I pretty much screwed and need to figure out a new name?
Advertisement
It depends. What kind of company is this other Epic Hamster? (Do they compost dead hamsters? Do they manufacture space satellites? Do they make games, pet supplies, toiletries...?)

(Note: don't kick me for not following the link -- you should have included this info in your post, since it is essential to getting the answer you are seeking)

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Sorry. They're also a game developer.
Then you cannot use that name, if you are going to sell it in any country where that company sells games.

Then you cannot use that name, if you are going to sell it in any country where that company sells games.

Thank you for info.
Okay. I renamed it but now I need to figure out what to do with my domain name. Would it be possible to try and sell my domain name to them?
Anything is possible.
You can try anything you want to try.
By the way, I am not a lawyer, and my advice is for informational purposes; I'm not giving you legal advice, and you should talk to a lawyer.

Yeah I'm aware of that. Thanks for the help though.
Actually, just asking out of curiosity but there may be a game company with same name but what if no trademark is involved?

mostates by moson?e | Embrace your burden

Actually, just asking out of curiosity but there may be a game company with same name but what if no trademark is involved?[/quote]

How would that change anything? Wouldn't that company still be upset by the possible confusion that would result? You'd still get sued.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement