Card Kingdoms ( A CCG/TCG In Development)

Started by
12 comments, last by powerneg 11 years, 2 months ago

Im thinking about making it go back and forth until one dies, but im not sure yet.

this answers my question # 2 :P

monsters defense. (sorry, might be a bit confusing)

nope, very clear, and a good system.
Advertisement

Im thinking about making it go back and forth until one dies, but im not sure yet.

this answers my question # 2 tongue.png

>monsters defense. (sorry, might be a bit confusing)

nope, very clear, and a good system.

Thank you very much, if you have any other feedback i would really apreciate it.

So far i have about 120 Cards planned, still working on finding an artist though (Since i have almost no artistic talent.

You'll excuse me I'm more of a video game player and never really got in to all the card games sorry if this is one of those "duh" questions.

That, by no means, should be something you'll ask forgiveness for.

It is actually one of the inner most struggles of TCGs in general.

Because they are meant to be easy to play without computer assistance, the designer has to take careful consideration as to the amount of information that needs to be carried over from one round to the next (as it would undoubtly need ways to convey that).

If you take a look at Magic TCG, you'll see all monsters 'fully regen' at round end, so as to avoid partial damage carrying over.

A number of TCGs user the orientation of the card as a marker of damage, but since there are only 4 sides and a back side, there are up to 8 different orientations one can give to a card, so it wouldn't quite convey a '50 dmg received' stated.

You *could* use markers and poker chips of some kind, but this reduce the 'design space' you have to other features, specifically, to mark other information in the game.

I'm actually pretty happy you raised that question, since this is an obstacle I find myself fighting off very often when working on TCGs.

Can a player choose to attack a different building if the current one seems too strong ?
I'm not sure how the building-cards are gonna look like in play(nor whether having more buildings grants bonuses) but i assume they are different and maybe a player just can't win against a certain building at a time and would want to attack another and save the hard building for last.
(Or a player might want to put his best defensive(?) building on the front-line)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement