Constant Buffer scalar type data member problem

Started by
12 comments, last by MrCodeSushi 11 years, 2 months ago

Hi Jason,

I tried your suggestion using float4/vector4 and VS debugger showed the correct values. I should note however that i still believe that the VS debugger isn't showing the debug values correctly. I think the actual values for my constant buffer are correct even though the debugger shows that it isn't. I've tested this by switching/replacing MJPs formula in the shader code from:

float linearDepth = gfx_gCamProjB / (depth - gfx_gCamProjA);

to:

float linearDepth = gfx_gCamProjA / (depth - gfx_gCamProjA);

using CamProjA for both shouldn't affect the value since, according to the debugger, camProjA and camProjB have the same values but i got a different value from the original formula.

I thought the ref device only supports DX10?

As a side note, i managed to fix my problem with reconstructing view space pos from depth.... ermm... i forgot to set the worldView matrix... dry.png

Advertisement

Thank you everyone for your help! It is nice to have great people like you helping the community. :)

I thought the ref device only supports DX10?

Nope - it is supporting D3D11 (and D3D11.1 where available). I was using that reference device way back when D3D11 was still in CTP. It is a great thing to have for debugging, but it is slow as molasses. That is great that you got everything worked out - can we see a screenshot from the victorious BrentChua???

Ah. Good to know. I thought i read it somewhere that the ref device only support DX10 feature level. But that was like a year ago i might have just misread it.

That is great that you got everything worked out - can we see a screenshot from the victorious BrentChua???

lol. Nothing really special. I'm working on my very first Light Pre-pass renderer and its not even done yet. I just finished my lighting pass for point lights and i still need to finish the final geometry/composite pass. Here's a screenshot of my light buffer though. tongue.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement