where do you code when you're not at a computer?

Started by
21 comments, last by polyfrag 10 years, 12 months ago

On my phone. I wrote the framework of component based entity system for my current game using the memo app on my phone. It surprisingly worked without many bugs. I felt pretty good that day. I still often use my phone to code little things and to work out pseudo code.

Ive tried that, but found the formatting being a bitch. I wish there was a app which allowed for programming formatting - idea...

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

Advertisement

I code in my mind.

My whiteboard, for me.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I code in my mind.

My whiteboard, for me.

I've always wanted one of those glassboards, you know, like on most crime shows (and they write on them with a white pen). lol

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

Do you guys find yourself programming when not at a computer? If so where?

Mostly mentally. If it's something really interesting, I'll sketch something on paper. In general, when I'm away from my computer no real "programming" happens.

Previously "Krohm"

I code in my mind.

I code in your mind too. ph34r.png

void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

On my phone. I wrote the framework of component based entity system for my current game using the memo app on my phone. It surprisingly worked without many bugs. I felt pretty good that day. I still often use my phone to code little things and to work out pseudo code.

Ive tried that, but found the formatting being a bitch. I wish there was a app which allowed for programming formatting - idea...

My phone has one of those mini keyboards so I don't have to push buttons on the screen. Typing is so much easier with a keyboard.

Learn all about my current projects and watch some of the game development videos that I've made.

Squared Programming Home

New Personal Journal

I code in my mind.

I code in your mind too. ph34r.png

Ah, I was wondering why my programming problems solved themselves after a good night's sleep, now I know tongue.png

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

I code in my mind.

I hate when i do that, garentee no sleep until i solve the problem :/

I would suggest fapping but mid way you will likely be visualising code, which makes you stop and think "am I really getting hard for code?"

I code in my mind.

I would suggest fapping but mid way you will likely be visualising code, which makes you stop and think "am I really getting hard for code?"

there is a joke in there somewhere

I code in my mind.

there is a joke in there somewhere

If programming isn't hard then...

No, nevermind...

void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement